Bollard Products Frequently Asked Questions
A FAQ guide to helping you determine which bollard options are best for your business or project.
This website contains all of the information you need to select the bollard options that are best for your project. Use this FAQ list to help find the answers to questions you may have. If the question you have is not found here, please contact us
Q: How much do bollards or security post covers cost? Do you have a price list?
Our price list is available by clicking the Price List buttons at the top right navigation of this web site, or you can view our most current price lists here
. Prices shown on our price lists are subject to change without notice, they do NOT include freight costs, and they are subject to our Standard Terms
Q: How do I get a Formal Written Quote on the exact bollards I want to purchase?
Q: What bollard colors and finishes are available to me?
Q: What is the expected delivery time of my bollards from when I place the order?
Most of our bollards are in stock at all times.
- Shipping from our in-stock inventory, powder coated with our Black Hammer Semi-Gloss (see below), is typically 1 to 3 business days after receipt of payment or approval of credit.
- Shipping of high volume orders or bollards coated with one of our Standard Optional Colors (see below) is typically 2 to 3 weeks after receipt of payment or approval of credit
- Custom production Bollards can take as long as 14-16 weeks to produce and ship.
Q: How do I know if you can ship my bollard products order to my area?
We can ship our products anywhere within North America and most worldwide locations. Please contact our Sales Department
for a price quote to your location.
Q: Do you have distributors for your bollards or security bollard covers in our area?
A: At present we are the sole distributor for our products.
Q: What will I receive with my bollard order?
A: All orders are shipped complete with bollards, mounting hardware kits and installation instructions. These parts are all individually packaged for protection against damage during shipping.
Q: What are the sizes and dimensions of the bollards?
Our bollards range in size from 4" to 16" in diameter and 23" to 53" in height.
Q: Do you offer crash-rated, security, or anti-ram pipe bollards?
A: At present we do not offer crash-rated or pedestrian-rated bollards; our bollards are intended to act as decorative wraps over top of steel security /anti-ram posts. The crash rating would be determined by the steel security post that our bollard covers.
Q: Do you supply the pipe for the security / anti-ram bollard mounting option?
A: We do not supply the pipe for our bollard installation kits. As a commodity product, this price is most often readily available at a lower cost closest to our customers' sites.
Q: What installation methods are available for mounting Bollards?
The various ways to install our bollards
can generally be described by the following three mounting methods;
- Our standard bollard mounting option is used mainly for applications involving new construction, where new or existing concrete, asphalt or landscaping will be employed.
- Our Security Anti/Ram mounting bollard option is used for maximum protection against vehicular penetration, or to reduce risk to pedestrians from vehicles.
- Our Removable mounting option is used when the bollard must be removed easily or frequently (i.e. for emergency vehicle access).
For further installation information, refer to our general installation instructions
for our bollards or download
specific installation instructions for each of our bollard models.
Q: When installing a Bollard, what distance should the bollards be spaced apart? In other words, how many can I fit into my area?
Bollards provide one of the simplest means of controlling access by vehicles. The distance between the bollards will determine the types of user that will be able to pass:
- Placing the bollards or racks a minimum gap of 4 (four) feet apart will allow access by pedestrians, people with strollers, wheelchairs, bikes, and motorcycles – but should prevent passage by most vehicles.
- An increased gap of 5 (five) feet provides a little more space for people to pass and is still inaccessible to most vehicles.
Q: When installing my bollards, how do I know if there are utilities and underground pipes?
A: For safety purposes prior to the bollard installation, it is recommended that an x-ray of the area that will be excavated or core drilled be taken. This can save you expensive down time and the possibility of injury if water pipes, gas lines or underground wiring is accidentally hit.
Q: Do you offer Bollard installation?
A: We do not offer installation. You will have to contact a general contractor in your area; we may be able to provide some contractor names for you.
Q: Where are your products made? What is the country of origin?
A: The majority of our products are made in China. Some of our products are produced in the United States, Spain and England. If country of origin is an issue, our sales department can distinguish individual product origin.
Q: Why won't the bollard brochure download from your website?
Most of our documents are in Adobe PDF format, and can be found at various locations throughout the web site, or on our Downloads
- Having Adobe Reader installed on your computer is required to view PDF files. If you need Adobe Reader, you can get it for free here: Get Adobe Reader
- Also, your internet browser settings may block downloading of files. You may need to modify your browser security settings.